Thursday, March 15, 2012

Interview with blogger Jessica

Booked Up!Today I welcome one of my favourite bloggers, Jessica! She runs the fabulous book blog, Booked Up! Please check it out, it's amazing! I was very lucky to be able to interview her :) Make sure you check out her brilliant blog - you won't regret it!

Interview: 
 
Hi Jessica!

Hi Cliona! I'm so happy to be here!
 
1. How did you begin blogging?
I guess it started because of other book bloggers. I remember one day sitting at the computer and looking through a bunch of amazing book blogs, and thinking "Wow, I wish I could do that!" and then I realised...I can! So within the next couple of days I had started my very own blog. I am friends with a few bloggers, and they helped me to create Booked Up!
 
2. What are some of your favourite books?
Wow - tricky question! When I was younger, I would of been saying "Jacqueline Wilson!" Her books were all I ever read when I was little. Everyone should get to go through the Jackie Phase. Now though, I love the Threads Series by Sophia Bennett, Scarlett by Cathy Cassidy, the Soul Screamers Series by Rachel Vincent and anything from Meg Cabot! Obviously, I love many more books than just those, but there are too many to list!
 
3. Do you like to write as well as read?
Oh yes, ever since I could pick up a pen and write in full sentences! Granted, the things I wrote were pretty rubbish, but I just love doing it for fun! I write down a load of different book plots and have a go at typing them up. I have filled up countless notebooks and computer documents with my little ramblings. It's just like a hobby.
 
4. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Wow...there are a lot of answers to that one! Obviously the followers, page views and free books are a-m-a-z-i-n-g, but I would have to say the comments. I luuurve comments! Mainly because that proves that people actually stop and read my posts. Any book blogger could have a thousand followers, but if nobody ever comments on they wrote, I don't see how they wouldn't feel gutted. So it's the wonderful people who bother to comment on what I post that makes me think how brilliant blogging is! Other than that, I love how book blogging has opened up a whole new world to me! I have found so many new authors and novels that I only heard of because of blogs recommending them. Interviewing authors and fellow book bloggers is great fun, too!
 
5. What are your ambitions for your blog this year?
I only just started my blog, so I guess I'm just hoping it keeps going all year round and that people are still interested. More followers and page views would be great, but as long as I don't let my blog slip then I will be one happy blogger! I'm not sure what other ambitions I have, just for Booked Up! to keep going. For me and my blog to be quoted on a book jacket would be pretty fantastic, though. . . 
 
6. What books are you most looking forward to in 2012?
Too many! The Look recently came out, and I can't wait to read that. I am also eagerly waiting for book 2 in The Clann series, Covet, by Melissa Darnell, to be released. Oooh, and Before I Wake By Rachel Vincent is something I can't wait to read. And if Katie Dale has anything new coming out this year, I will be the first to get my hands on it!
 
Quick fire:
 
Facebook or Twitter: Facebook, always! I tried going on Twitter once and it was not for me!
Chocolate or sweets: How can you be so cruel? Urm, urm, both? ;)
Cathy Cassidy or Cathy Hopkins: Cathy Cassidy just beats Hopkins!
Movies or music: Easy - music! How could I live without it? Although I don't know if I could survive without the Titanic movie. 
Reading or writing: Like I said before, my writing is shameful! Reading all the way!
 
Thanks so, so much for having me on your lovely blog, Cliona!
Thanks for being here Jessica! :)


Isn't she lovely?! Head on over to Booked Up! - and follow, today! And check out my interview with her there too!


P.S. Guys I'm almost at 100 followers! Woohoo! Thanks so much everyone who is following, but please, just one more person, follow! Cause I have 99 now and as we all know, 99+1=100!!! :)

7 comments:

  1. Great interview! Oh it was soooo teasing when I had 99 followers too! Your blog definitely deserves a billion followers! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant questions and answers! Booked Up! is a fabulous blog. And I see you made it to 100 followers. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely interview! I haven't heard of the Threads series. The title and cover alone makes me want to check it out. And it is hard to choose btw chocolate and sweet, but I think I'd go for chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant interview!! :-) And congratulations on 100 followers!!! You deserve it completely!! (and more!) :-)
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for interviewing me, Cliona! By the way, you have reached 100 followers!!!!!! :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. great interview! I hope you read The Look soon because its awesome!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great site, check out BFABP.com for similar info.

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :)

This is an award-free zone, sorry but I just don't have the time to pass them on! Thanks for thinking of me anyway :)