Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday #3 Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart a Little

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week bloggers participating create a Top Ten list based on that week's theme. This week's theme is Top Ten Books That Broke My Heart a Little! Now I'm not the type of person that cries reading books. In fact I never have. Not even at the end of Harry Potter! I know you're all thinking 'what a cold-hearted old witch', yeah yeah. But I just don't!The only book that had me even close to tears was :The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Sorry, I'm always going on about that book, aren't I?! But it''s just soooooo good! Anyway, it's more movies that make me cry - My Sisters Keeper=tear fest, Dobby dies=tear fest, and so on, you get the picture! However, there is a few books that really brought me down, or 'broke my heart'! So here they are:


1. The Sky Is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Obviously! So sad, yet happy, moving and wonderful! The scene where I had a lump in my throat in the one near the end where Lenny is talking to her grandmother - you'll understand if you've read it!


2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver
This made me pretty sad!


3. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher
I'm not even sure if I liked this book! I'm still trying to make up my mind! But it did break my heart a bit...


4.  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K Rowling
I probably would have been crying, if I hadn't been expecting Dumbledore's death. Unfortunately, a friend annoyingly told me when I was on like the first book! But I was still very upset! :(


5. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
THIS CLOSE from crying, I was, THIS CLOSE, but...alas, nooo! No tears :) Although I cried plenty during the movie!


And that's all! I couldn't think of more than five books that broke my heart! What about you, readers?


What books broke your heart?

5 comments:

  1. I don't really cry at books either, but the book that probably had me closest to tears is Lucas by Kevin Brookes :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I've never read Lucas, but I'm adding it to my wishlist!

      Delete
  2. Thirteen Reasons Why, how could I forget it?!
    Great picks.(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delirium was such a moving book! I was choking back tears throughout the whole thing because it was so beautiful. And the HP book broke my heart in so many places when certain characters died. Great picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sky Is Everywhere made me cry for aaages ;'( and I bought Delirium last week but haven't read it yet, can't wait to! Great choices :D

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :)

This is an award-free zone, sorry but I just don't have the time to pass them on! Thanks for thinking of me anyway :)