Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pendragon Legacy: Book 1 - Sword of Light by Katherine Roberts (short review)

It is the darkest hour of the darkest Age. King Arthur is dead, killed by his wicked nephew, Mordred. Saxon invaders rampage across the land and forces of evil are gathering. The path to the throne lies open to Arthur's only remaining flesh and blood - Mordred. But there is one with a better claim than Mordred - Arthur's secret child. Brought by Merlin to enchanted Avalon as a baby and raised there for protection, the king's heir must take up a vital quest: to search for the four magical Lights with the power to restore Arthur's soul to his body. Introducing Rhianna Pendragon: unlikely princess and Camelot's last hope.

I really wanted to like this book, I did. But I just...didn't. I tried hard to get into it, but I found it boring! It wasn't a bad book as such, I just didn't feel compelled to read on. The characters were the only part that I liked. They didn't feel very real, but they had good personalities, especially Cai and Rhianna. And Mordred was a great villain too! 


I did not actually finish reading this book, so maybe this 'review' isn't fair, but I just thought I owed it to the publisher that sent it to me, the very kind Templar, to write something about it! Now I'm not saying this book is 'bad' or anything, I just didn't really like it, personally. I'm sure others may enjoy it, but it just wasn't for me!


                                                      Rating: 1/5


Source: For review
Pages: 480
Age group: 10+
Official Publication Date: 1st February 2012
Publisher: Templar
Author Websitewww.katherineroberts.co.uk

Read for British Books Challenge and ABC Reading Challenge 2012

2 comments:

  1. Aw, sorry to hear you didn't enjoy this book :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shame you didn't enjoy this book, but thanks for the honest review! It's your opinion after all,

    Maybe check out my latest review?

    Jessica from Booked Up!
    http://bookedupbloggers.blogspot.com/
    :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :)

This is an award-free zone, sorry but I just don't have the time to pass them on! Thanks for thinking of me anyway :)