Monday, May 9, 2011

Cover of the Week #5

Cover of the Week is a weekly feature here at Bookster Reviews, in which I show you all a picture of a cover I love. This week's cover is A Year Without Autumn by Liz Kessler. I haven't read this yet, but I so want to!


If you could see into the future - would you look? Jenni Green doesn't have a choice. On her way to visit her best friend, Autumn, Jenni suddenly finds she's been transported exactly one year forward in time. Now she discovers that in the year that's gone by, tragedy has struck and her friendship with Autumn will never be the same again. But what caused the tragedy? How did Jenni skip a year? And can she find her way back to the past to try to change what lies ahead? With humour - and her customary light touch - the author of the EMILY WINDSNAP books plays a fascinating game with time, and explores the changes that take place in friendships and families in the aftermath of a disaster.
Isn't it just gorgeous? I love how it gives a sort of summery/autumn-y feel (or is that just me?) and I like the silhouettes of the girls and the way they're positioned. The placing of the title and authors name is great and  the font is so pretty!  It's even nicer in real life!                  Overall, it's just an amazing cover, and an even more amazing-sounding book! I hope I get the chance to read it some time in the future! Geddit? 
Sorry, bad pun :P


7 comments:

  1. This book sounds fantastic! The cover is pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favourite covers too! And I agree, the actual book sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cover, and I so wanna read this book! Amazing thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This cover is really cute! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That book sounds great! And the cover is gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds good! :D the cover is really nice! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make my day :)

This is an award-free zone, sorry but I just don't have the time to pass them on! Thanks for thinking of me anyway :)